Week 1 Leadership Project
To present ... or not to present?
The idea of presenting at a conference is both intriguing and terrifying. In reviewing my overall Action Research project, I find that a User-Friendly approach would work best to present my material. Although the User-Friendly approach can be done via published work, I feel that this would not be truly challenging. I understand that writing for a publishing company is not the same as writing a paper... however, I feel that it would "feel" the same for me. What an awesome accomplishment it would be to have your work published for all to see! On the other hand...how cool would it be to share your work, face to face, with fellow educators? I am not terribly comfortable talking in front of people, but you can’t get any better without practice. :-) I have started looking at conferences and I’m not sure how to tell if they would accept a user-friendly presentation. Most of them seem to be presentations for new products or web 2.0 tools. This has put a damper into my enthusiasm of presenting my work at a conference. I'm still searching and am very anxious to know if I can pull off a presentation. I took on this masters from Full Sail to challenge myself... I'm not going to stop challenging myself now :-)
I'm so glad that you've decide to challenge yourself with this project. Good luck.
ReplyDelete